Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Tarves 2 – 3 Kincorth

1st Touch Football Premier Division at Tarves on Saturday 4th August

Report by Andy McLaren

Kincorth manager David Reid was relieved after his side came from two goals down to beat Tarves 3-2.

He watched on as some poor finishing almost handed last season’s Division One runners up with a surprise win.

Reid believes his side can regain the Premier Division title after winning it two seasons ago.

He said: “To come to Tarves and get a win on any day is an achievement but to do it after being 2-0 down at half time is exceptional.

“It’s going to be a long, hard season but I feel the lads have what it takes to improve on last year’s league position.

“We have added a few new additions to our squad and this performance shows the great attitude and commitment from the players.

“Kincorth veteran Tony Livingstone was the catalyst for the comeback. He was awesome.”

Newly promoted Tarves started the brighter of the two teams and snatched an early goal on 5 minutes.

An incisive move on the edge of the box saw Tarves’ Kevin Patterson wriggle free to clinically side foot the ball into the back of the net from 10 yards.

Tarves almost doubled their lead moments after when a superb crossfield ball from James Moir found Bruce Davidson in space but his header went inches over the bar.

Kincorth, playing downhill, looked shaken. Their first effort on goal came on 15 minutes when Velentinas Sulkepicius’ rasping volley had Chris Garden scrambling across his goal.

Thereafter, the Aberdeen side started to dominate the match without worrying Garden in goal.

Kincorth’s Christopher Lawrie, Brian McDonald and Jamie Buchan had excellent chances to draw their side level but all missed the target from close range.

Against the run of play, Tarves doubled their lead on 30 minutes.

Kevin Patterson grabbed his second goal of the game when his powerful shot took a wicked deflection and looped over the despairing Bryan Robertson.

Half-time: 2 – 0

Kincorth grabbed a lifeline when Tony Livingstone’s cross was powerfully met by Dean Stewart to make it 2-1.

The Aberdeen side’s domination soon paid off when they completed their comeback moments later.

Christopher Lawrie used his strength to skip past Tarves’ Neil Traill and neatly tuck his shot underneath the onrushing Garden.

On 80 minutes, Kincorth claimed all three points when Kris Harris bulleted a header past Garden from a Tony Livingstone cross.

Tarves did work themselves back into the game but Kincorth managed to hold on to claim a memorable win.

Full Time: 2 – 3