Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Rainbow City Taxis Advert

FC Polska 2 – 2 Feughside

Division Two (East) at Aulton on Saturday 7th April

Report by Andy McLaren

Division Two (North) leaders Feughside scored a stoppage-time equaliser after they twice came from behind to rescue a vital point against FC Polska at Aulton Football Pitches, Seaton.

Having spluttered through the first half, Feughside were only prevented from completing a superb turnaround by some last-ditch Polska defending.

FC Polska, a football club formed by players from Poland, started with more purpose as they searched for a much needed three points despite being eight places beneath their opponents.

Yet the team from Deeside were not troubled by Polska as the height and tenacity of forwards’ Neil McRitchie and Fraser Petrie started to cause the Polska problems.

A pinpoint ball from Mark Anderson was met by McRitchie but his audacious overhead effort went inches wide of Michal Glogowski’s far post.

FC Polska’s talented captain, Marcin Motyl, played a magnificent cross field ball to Piotr Wisniewski who calmly slotted the ball in the corner of the net as cheers echoed around the pitch as loud as the roar of Pittodrie.

The influential captain was again at the centre of his side’s play as he picked out Marcin Janus who was in familiar territory as he forced an excellent save from Feughside’s Daniel Christie after a one on one opportunity.

Feughside were keeping the ball well and passing it around with ease, but the Polska threat was always present from long balls as the Deeside team failed to create any decent chances within the first 25 minutes of the match.

Situated on the Aberdeen coast, the uneven surface of the Aulton’s pitch forced errors from both sides. The hardness of the surface deceived FC Polska goalkeeper Michal Glogowski as he failed to smother a Fraser Petrie volley who levelled the scoreline at 1-1.

Half-time: 1 – 1

Ross Davidson had a curling effort from the right flank held by Glogowski at the start of the second half but Feughside were still struggling to find any penetration.

Feughside’s Neil McRitchie missed his side’s best opportunity to gain the lead after he agonizingly scuffed a shot wide after being faced with an open goal following a fumble from Glogowski.

But FC Polska showed another example of their counter-attacking ability when Marcin Motyl found space down the right and squared a long ball for Marcin Drozel, who calmly slotted the ball past Daniel Christie to regain the lead.

Scott Campbell showed Feughside’s growing frustration as he was shown a straight red card for an off the ball incident, 5 minutes after coming on.

FC Polska thought they had secured a critical win but with minutes remaining Neil McRitchie pounced on a loose ball by Piotr Fazgal to steer it home from 10 yards.

Full Time: 2 – 2

FC Polska assistant manager Mike Manarzay said his side has been “growing in confidence” after clinching a 2-0 win against Torry United in their last away game and holding third placed Mintlaw to a 2-2 draw. He said: “We have good strength in the team and we should be able to improve for next season.”