Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Rainbow City Taxis Advert

Echt 3 – 3 University

1st Touch Premier Division at Echt on Saturday 14th May

Echt salvaged a point after being two goals down in twenty two minutes. University needed the three points to keep their 1st Touch Premier League title hopes on track.

University kicked off with a strong wind at their back and went ahead in seven minutes when a long ball out of defence fell to Michal Szperzynski who gave keeper Garden no chance from twenty yards out.

Uni were pushing forward in numbers and went further ahead in twenty two minutes when from a corner on the right Luke Leiper headed past keeper Garden from close range.

Three minutes later Echt pulled one back when a shot from Frazer Cerretti was deflected into the net by Uni’s Whitfield.

From the restart Uni went upfield and when Luke Leiper rounded his marker his shot flew into the net.

The game was flowing from end to end with both teams making chances and good goalkeeping prevented scoring until the thirty first minute when from a free kick to Echt twenty yards from goal Paul Presslie beat keeper Miller with a right foot drive.

Echt were playing the better football at this time and their pressure paid off in thirty nine minutes when from a corner on the right Echt’s Frazer Cerretti scored at the far post to make the half time score 3-3.

The second half started with Uni’s Makaravicius and Reid working their way down the right and keeper Garden at full stretch was forced to push the ball for a corner from Reid’s shot.

Uni’s midfield were winning most of the balls and feeding their strikers but they could not beat keeper Garden who was the busier keeper.

In seventy six minutes keeper Garden pulled off the save of the match when Uni’s Szperzynski hit a blistering shot from four yards which Garden got a hand to and pushed the ball over the bar.

Echt made a chance when Joe Roger’s shot was cleared off the line by McKay. No further scoring took place and an exciting, entertaining game finished 3-3.

Echt: Garden, Birse, Mann, McLeod, Aberdein, Davidson, Graham, Leith, Presslie, Gregory, Cerretti. Subs – Joe Roger, Ramsay, McGillvray, Yule, Victor Roger.

University: Miller, Bell, McKay, Haywood, Scott, Leiper, Whitfield, Reid, Makaravicius, Szperzynski, Smith. Subs – Carlisle, Leitch, Lamont, McRitchie, Milani.

Referee – Stuart Morrison