Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Northern Hotspurs 3 – 8 Alford

1st Touch Football Division Three at Inverdee on Saturday 9th April

Alford went into this game full of confidence after winning their last five games. Both teams finished this game without a full complement of players after Alford had one sent off and Hotspurs had two dismissed.

Alford went straight at Hotspurs from the start and in four minutes Hotspurs’ Carr had to clear the ball off the line. Hotspurs took ten minutes for their first attempt at goal when Bruce Ritchie shot past the post. A minute later Alford’s Michael Reid hit a free kick from thirty yards and it flew past keeper Sinclair into the net.

Four minutes later Alford’s Danny Robertson added to the score with a right foot drive. Hotspurs’ David Carr had a chance when six yards out but he sliced his shot past the post.

Hotspurs came more into the game with their midfield winning the ball but poor finishing by the forwards let them down. Hotspurs’ keeper Keith Sinclair made a double save from Alford’s Michael Reid and Matthew Gordon but a minute later he was beaten by a header from Matthew Gordon.

Alford went further ahead in thirty six minutes when Ewan Goldie outjumped the defence and headed home. Just before the break referee Inverarity had to deal with an incident and ended up showing the red card to Hotspurs’ Annand and Alford’s Mitchell.

Half-time 1-4

In fifty five minutes Hotspurs Darren Carr ended a run down the right with a shot that beat keeper Taylor. Three minutes later Hotspurs were done to nine men after Donald was sent off for a second yellow card offence.

In seventy four minutes Alford’s Dale Ferries made it 2-5 after chipping keeper Sinclair. Four minutes later it was Hotspurs turn to score when Norman Rose‘s thirty yard shot found the back of the net.

Dale Ferries added to his tally in eighty one minutes. Alford’s Greig Rennie made it 3-7 when he scored directly from a corner. Alford’s Michael Reid‘s run in the eighty ninth minute finished with him rounding keeper Sinclair and making the final score 3-8.

Full Time: 3-8

Northern Hotspurs: Sinclair, Darren Carr, Brown, McBeath, Annand, Duncan, Robb, Rose, Donald, Ritchie, Gallacher. Subs – Lutton, David Carr, Duff, Mennie.

Alford: Derek Taylor, Buchan, Mitchell, Keith Taylor, Goldie, Gordon, Kevin Taylor, Ferries, Reid, Robertson, Wattie. Subs – Rennie, Grant.

Referee – S. Inverarity