Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Rainbow City Taxis Advert

Westdyke 4 – 2 Port Glasgow Hibs

Scottsh Amateur Cup Third Round Replay at Kaimhill on Saturday 15th January

Westdyke have reached the next round of the Scottish Cup after losing two late goals in the first encounter with Port Glasgow and waiting four weeks for the replay.

Five minutes into the game Port Glasgow’s Duddy was caught in possession in his eighteen yard box by Brad Milne who went on to beat the advancing keeper with a well placed strike.

Westdyke’s lead lasted for ten minutes when Westdyke’s Milne tripped Gallagher in the box and Thomas Wilson levelled the score from the spot.

Five minutes later Port went ahead when Westdyke’s defence were caught cold and Kevin Hutchinson ran through and put the ball over keeper Ewen.

Minutes later a move down the left by Westdyke finished with Aitchison’s cross headed into the net by Brad Milne.

Just on half time Westdyke were awarded a free kick in the centre circle. The ball was sent over defence and Ian MacKenzie was first to the ball and fired a shot past keeper Savill making the half time score 3-2.

Half-time: 3-2

The second half became very scrappy and referee Middleton had to show yellow cards to several Port players. Westdyke lost their rhythm and Port had them under pressure but keeper Ewen and his defenders kept their goal intact.

With thirty minutes left referee Middleton had to speak to the Port manager and ended up sending him from the touchline. Ten minutes later Port’s O’Neill was red carded.

Westdyke’s Paul Bain put his team further ahead from a free kick twenty yards out giving the Port keeper no chance making the final score 4-2.

Westdyke now have to travel to Glasgow to meet Glasgow University in the next round.

Full Time: 4-2

Westdyke: Ewen, Bruce, Bain, Douglas, Lee Milne, Fotheringham, McKenzie, Gillies, Brad Milne, Aitchison, Hamilton. Subs – Wilson, Torrance, Yule, Davidson, Anderson.

Port Glasgow: Savill, Ewing, Steven Duddy, O’Neill, McCab, McDonald, Hutchinson, Caldwell, Gallacher, Thompson, Wilson. Subs – McGouruck, Dorrian, Nelson, John Duddy, Murray.

Referee – S. Middleton

[nggallery id=96]