Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Hazlehead Utd 3 – 3 Beacon Rangers

Division One (North) at Hazlehead Academy on Saturday 22nd May

Beacon Rangers put paid to Hazlehead Utd’s title hopes when they drew 3-3 at Hazlehead Academy in a hard fought match.

Within thirty seconds Beacon’s Boyle had a chance when Hazlehead’s keeper Fraser failed to clear the ball upfield letting Boyle in but his shot went wide. Hazlehead were caught sleeping in six minutes when a long throw to Beacon found David Boyle who turned and hit the ball into the net.

Six minutes later Hazlehead’s Cameron Smith and Paul Vass worked a move down the right and the latter’s shot was cleared by keeper Munro’s foot. Hazlehead levelled the score in seventeen minutes when a header from Nicky Emslie found the back of the net.

Another long throw from Beacon’s Smart again found David Boyle who fired the ball into the net. Hazlehead were forced to substitute their keeper when he injured his hip making a save from Beacon’s Robb.

Richard Robb put his team further ahead in thirty six minutes when he beat the offside trap and put the ball under substitute keeper Hunphries. Just before half time Beacon’s Burnett hit the post with a right foot drive.

Half-time: 1-3

Four minutes into the second half Hazlehead’s Emslie forced a save at full stretch from keeper Munro. The game was played at a hectic pace with heavy tackles from both teams resulting in Beacon’s midfielder leaving the field to get attention for a bleeding nose and Hazlehead’s Lawson had to get attention to a head cut.

In sixty three minutes Hazlehead’s Nicky Emslie pulled a goal back with a weak shot that just made it over the line with the help of the post. Five minutes later the score was level after a cross from the left was met by Hazlehead’s Jamie Colvin and he headed past keeper Munro.

Hazlehead had Beacon under pressure for the rest of the game but could not get the vital goal to secure a play off place for the title. The match finished three all giving Beacon Rangers the Division One (North) championship.

Full Time: 3-3

Hazlehead United: Fraser, Colvin, Cheyne, Innes, Daniel Smith, Vass, Macklin, Cameron Smith, Emslie, Lawson, Reid. Subs – Hunphries, Evans, Anderson, Massie, Thom.

Beacon Rangers: Munro, Smart, Cheyne, Smith, Craib, Hay, Simpson, Scott, McDonald, Robb, Boyle. Subs – Buchan, McCann, Taylor, Duthie, Burnett.

Referee – S. Morrison

[nggallery id=73]