Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Echt 4 – 3 Westdyke

Premier Division at Echt on Saturday 29th May

Super sub Gordon Troup put Echt a step nearer the League title with two goals in four minutes.

Echt were very nervous at the start before going a goal up then let Westdyke get a goal back before the break.

Westdyke’s Taylor was first to put Echt’s keeper under pressure in the first minute when he dispossessed Robertson, then made a run at goal forcing keeper Garden to push the ball over the bar.

Echt’s Still made a chance when he shot from six yards but keeper Neill got a foot to it and put it for a corner. In fifteen minutes Echt went ahead when a pass from Mann found Calum Murray whose drive beat keeper Neill.

Westdykes’ Paul Bain replied ten minutes later when Echt failed to clear their line. He stepped in and scored from two yards making it all square at the break.

Half-time: 1-1

Westdyke went on the attack from the start of the second period and within two minutes were ahead after Russell Aitchison scored from close range.

Midway through the half Echt brought on Gordon Troup who immediately put pressure on Westdyke’s defence and in seventy three minutes he headed home to make the score 2-2.

One minute later Echt went ahead when Gareth Still slid into the six yard box, connected with a cross from Swan and made the score 3-2.

From the restart Echt won a free kick on the half way line and the ball was sent long over Westdyke’s defence. Gordon Troup ran on to it and put it past keeper Neill.

Westdyke regrouped and pushed forward, pinning Echt in their own half. Their pressure paid off in eighty nine minutes when Gordon Douglas headed past keeper Garden.

Deep into added time Douglas was unlucky when his fierce shot beat keeper Garden, hit the crossbar and was cleared upfield making the final score 4-3.

Echt are now two points clear of Bon Accord City who have to play Westdyke midweek before Bon Accord and Echt meet on Saturday 5th June making an exciting end to the League.

Full Time: 4-3

Echt: Garden, Sim, Robertson, Jahn, Roger, Henderson, Swan, Murray, Still, Pawlett, Mann. Subs – McLeod, Majury,Davidson, Walker, Troup.

Westdyke: Neill, Mckenzie, Aitchison, Anderson, Douglas, Torrance, Bain, Taylor, Hamilton, Stevenson, Fotheringham. Subs – Yule, Wilson,Goldie, Johannesen.

Referee – G. Ross

[nggallery id=76]