Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Rainbow City Taxis Advert

RGU 7 – 3 Bervie Caley

White Cup First Round at Garthdee on Saturday 10th October

RGU found the net seven times after being two goals down to a Bervie Caley team full of running and confidence in the first half.

Bervie took the lead in eleven minutes after Cerreti made a run down the right and crossed to the far post where Scott Milne scored from two yards out. Bervie were moving the ball about with style, finding their wide men with twenty yard passes and shooting at goal at every opportunity.

In thirty two minutes from a throw in to Bervie in the RGU half the ball went to Andrew Hadden who rounded his marker, ran thirty yards, looked up, saw keeper Brown off his line and chipped the ball over him into the net.

After scoring the second goal Bervie lost their rhythm letting RGU into the game and in forty minutes RGU’s Bradley Bryant fired in a shot that keeper Duncan could not hold and the ball slipped out of his hands and into the net. A minute later RGU were level after a header from Ian Campbell beat the diving keeper Duncan.

Half-time: 2-2

RGU started the second half with a move down the left, the ball was crossed to Campbell whose header hit the bar and went out of play. Bradley Bryant put his team into the lead in forty nine minutes with an unchallenged run and a shot that found the corner of the net.

In fifty two minutes RGU had a goal by Robert Carr disallowed for offside. Five minutes later RGU went 4-2 up when Bervie failed to clear their lines and Fergal Lally beat keeper Duncan with a right foot drive.

Bervie were getting frustrated and referee Anderson had to show yellow cards for some heavy tackling. In seventy five minutes RGU’s Sandy Munro found himself unmarked eighteen yards out and his shot went over the keeper and into the net. A poor passback by RGU’s Annand gave Bervie’s Fraser Cerruti a goal against the run of play.

With four minutes to go RGU’s Ian Campbell made it 6-3 when his shot hit the post and ended in the net. Deep into added time RGU’s Bradley Bryant got his hat trick and RGU’s seventh making the final score 7-3.

Full Time: 7-3

[nggallery id=48]