Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Bon Accord City win the Premier Trophy

A penalty shoot out gave Bon Accord City a deserved win over Banchory in the Premier Trophy final. Bon Accord came back from two goals down to put the game into extra time. They went on to the win the shoot-out 3-1 and lift the penultimate trophy of the season.

In the first minute Bon Accord’s Watt had Banchory’s keeper Ewen diving to his left pushing the ball out for a corner. Four minutes later Banchory were ahead when Neil McRitchie beat keeper Hill from close range.

A few minutes later Bon Accord’s McDonald broke through the defence but his weak shot was saved by keeper Ewen. In thirteen minutes Bon Accord’s keeper made a one handed save at full stretch from a long range shot from Duguid.

Banchory were pushing forward and in twenty one minutes a diving header from Stewart went inches past the post. Banchory’s Chalmers was next to test keeper Hill with a shot that Hill pushed round the post.

In thirty one minutes Banchory were awarded a penalty and Craig Chalmers scored from the spot. Bon Accord pulled a goal back in forty one minutes when Michael Watt headed home from a cross from Tiffney making the half time score 2-1.

Bon Accord started the second half determined to get on level terms and in the forty eighth minute were unlucky when Watt’s header scraped the outside of the post. With sixty three minutes gone Banchory’s Stewart had only the keeper in front of him but his shot went wide.

Bon Accord’s Darren Redford levelled the score in eighty two minutes with a fierce shot giving keeper Ewen no chance. The game went into extra time when both teams had chances but tired legs and weak finishing saw the game go to penalty kicks with Bon Accord coming out 1-3 winners.

Banchory Amateurs: Ewen, Duguid, James S. Smith, Brand, Graham Fraser, Gilbert, Chalmers, Legg, McRitchie, Gillies, Stewart. Subs – LLoyd, Kevin Fraser, Girvan, Rooney, James A. Smith

Bon Accord City: Hill, Stewart, Guyan, Harris, Durno, Tiffney, Andrew Sutherland, McLaren, Aurik, Watt, McDonald. Subs – Redford, Chris Sutherland, Falco, Robertson, Hardy

Referee – A. Lovie