Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Rainbow City Taxis Advert

Kintore 1 – 5 Old Aberdonians

White Cup Semi-Final at Strathburn Park on Saturday 11th April

League leaders Old Aberdonians go into the White Cup Final after beating Kintore in an exciting semi final. Old Aberdonians have not been in a final since 1995 when they won the Castle Rovers Cup.

In the first minute of the game Old Aberdonians’ keeper had to make a save with his foot to prevent Kintore’s Jack Strachan from scoring. In four minutes a clearance upfield from the Old Aberdonians defence gave Wilson the opportunity to pass to Bruce who beat his marker and fired a shot into the net leaving keeper Booth stranded.

This did not deter Kintore who were unlucky two minutes later when a well worked move down the left let Stalker shoot at goal but his effort went past the post. Kintore were caught out in eight minutes when a long throw on the right found Old Aberdonians’ Bruce and he headed home.

With the play flowing from end to end in ten minutes Kintore’s Jack Strachan should have scored but the outstretched leg of keeper Clark saved the day. Kintore pulled a goal back in twenty minutes when Old Aberdonians’ defence were claiming for offside and let Jack Strachan cut in from the right and beat keeper Clark.

Kintore were having the better of the play but could not take advantage of the chances they were making and the score remained 1-2 at half time.

Half-time: 1-2

Kintore kept the pressure on the Old Aberdonians defence at the start of the second half and again should have scored when a poor clearance from the Old Aberdonians defence gave the ball to Barrie who sent his shot over the bar.

In sixty-five minutes Kintore’s Richard Strachan failed to hit the target with only the keeper to beat. Kintore were tiring and in sixty-six minutes Old Aberdonians broke down the right and Cameron’s cross was headed into his own goal by defender James Welsh.

Old Aberdonians took charge of the game from there on and added to the score in seventy-five minutes when Pocock headed home from a corner. Three minutes later Old Aberdonians’ Bruce got his hat-trick when he pounced on a loose ball and calmly beat the advancing keeper to make the final score 1-5.

Full time: 1-5

Kintore: Booth, Richard Binnie, Gardiner, Ross, Nicol, McGillvray, Barrie, Stalker, McCall, Jack Strachan, Richard Strachan. Subs – Hardie, Lawie, Steven Binnie, Stronach, Welsh

Old Aberdonians: Geoff Clark, Macdonald, Pocock, Edwards, Good, Munro, Wyness, Bruce, Cameron, Le Poidevin, Wilson. Subs – Russell, Darren Clark, Creegan, Clelland, Sands

Referee – S.Taylor