Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Hilton 0 – 6 Kincorth

Aberdeen FC Trophy 4th Round at Aberdeen Lads Club on Saturday 20th December

Premier League leaders Kincorth started today’s fourth round cup tie missing key players but still showed third Division Hilton how to score goals.

It took one minute for Kincorth’s Slaven to put his team ahead when he broke through Hilton’s defence and beat keeper Cowie with a low shot. Hilton’s Stuart had a chance to level the score in five minutes but his first shot was blocked and keeper Warman saved his second attempt. With nine minutes on the clock Kincorth’s Beaton forced his way through a weak defence and scored with a shot from twelve yards out. A minute later a Kincorth move down the right gave Livingstone a chance to shoot but keeper Cowie saved with his feet. Livingstone had another chance when he was put through by Simpson but keeper Cowie again saved.

A free kick to Kincorth in twenty minutes was taken by Smith twenty yards from goal and his shot flew into the top corner of the net giving keeper Cowie no chance. Hilton raised their game and Milnes was unlucky when his shot hit the bar and was cleared upfield. Hilton were having a good spell of pressure and had Kincorth pinned back in their own half. Kincorth conceded three corners in as many minutes which Hilton were unable to convert into goals. Hilton also had shots on target from Stuart and Youngson but keeper Warman deputising for the regular goalkeeper coped comfortably.

Half time 0-3

From the restart Kincorth’s Beaton should have scored when he rounded the keeper but his shot at goal was cleared off the line by Kemp. A free kick to Kincorth saw the ball sent to the far post, headed back by Slaven to Simpson who miskicked in front of goal sending the ball past the post. Beaton scored number four for Kincorth when Hilton’s defence stood claiming for offside and allowed him to run at goal slipping the ball past the advancing keeper

The goal of the game, if not the season, came in seventy six minutes from Livingstone who collected the ball thirty yards from goal, looked up, saw keeper Cowie way off his line and fired a shot over the keeper and into the net . Hilton did not give up, pushing forward in numbers with no success and were caught out in the eighty seventh minute when Simpson received a ball from Livingstone and scored from close range to complete the scoring.

Full time: 0-6

Hilton: Cowie, Smith, Shirreffs, Milne, Jappy, Taylor, Sinclair, Stuart, Rose, Milnes, Youngson. Subs – Dalgleish, Gibson, Fenby, Wood

Kincorth: Warman, Kemp, Smith, Barrack, Strachan, Slaven, Thomson, Robertson, Beaton, Livingstone, Simpson. Subs – Hutchins, McGlynn, Swan, Gove snr.

Referee – B. Christie