Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Lads Club Ams 0 – 3 Stonehaven Athletic

Bon Accord Trophies Division One (North) at Lads Club on Saturday 11th October

Stonehaven Athletic got back on winning ways after losing their last three games. Lads Club had the better of the first half having Stonehaven defenders back on their heels but could not turn the pressure into goals.

Lads Club attacked from the kick off and Allison beat three men only to see his shot blocked on the line. Allison made another chance in the fifth minute but this time his shot went past the post. A move through the middle by Allison and McCrum was again wasted when McCrum’s shot went wide.

Stonehaven could not settle and when they had the ball they gave it away too easily allowing Lads Club to push forward and have several shots at goal with none hitting the target. Stonehaven’s McLeod and Henderson were the workhorses in defence winning tackles and trying to get the ball up to their forwards.

In the thirty second minute Lads Club keeper Deans had to make his first save when Stonehaven’s Reid broke away and shot from twelve yards forcing the keeper to push the ball for a corner. Stonehaven were coming more into the game finding their men with short sharp passing and shooting at every opportunity but the score remained 0-0 at half time.

Half-time: 0-0

From the restart Lads Club’s McCrum fired in a long distance shot that was deflected and keeper Anderson made a fingertip save to push the ball round the post. The second half belonged to Stonehaven and in fifty four minutes Reid was sent through by Stewart and beat keeper Deans.

Reid hit the target again in sixty one minutes when a long clearance from his keeper went over the Lads Club defence and Reid was first to the ball giving the advancing keeper no chance with his shot. A minute later a mistake from Lads Club’s Bruce gave Stonehaven’s Ross a chance but his shot went past the post.

Stonehaven’s Mitchell hit the post with a right foot drive from twelve yards and with fifteen minutes left on the clock Lads Club keeper was red carded when as last man he pulled down Stonehaven’s Reid outside the box. Murray took over the goal keeper’s jersey for the rest of the game.

Stonehaven went further ahead when Stewart ran at the defence and slipped the ball past the substitute keeper to make the final score 0-3.

Full-time: 0-3

Lads Club Ams: Deans, Murray, Bruce, Fraser, Sinclair, Muir, Fiddes, Webster, Allison, McCrum, Ramsay. Subs – Cromer, Ng, Chang

Stonehaven Athletic: Anderson, Alexander, McLeod, Campbell, Henderson, Stephen, Stewart, Mclellan, Mitchell, Reid, Toner. Subs – Ross, Horner, Bowron, White, Smith

Referee – B. Christie