Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Glendale 3 – 0 Rattrays XI

Dickie Trophy First Round at Corbie Park, Maryculter on Saturday 30th August

Rattrays XI have appointed a new manager, Les Morrison, to get the team back to winning ways but today the opposition Glendale were the fitter team, full of running and enthusiasm.

Rattrays kicked off and Yeats was first to have a shot at the Glendale goal but sent the ball over the bar. Rattrays had another chance in ten minutes when from a direct free kick in front of goal twenty yards out Clayton’s drive went high over the bar. Glendale had chances at the other end with Dickson and Innes both having shots saved by keeper Farquhar.

In twenty one minutes a long throw from Rattrays’ Yeats found Dunbar whose back header hit the post, rebounded and was cleared upfield. Ten minutes later Glendale took a quick free kick, caught Rattrays sleeping but Wills’ shot went past the post.

Glendale were pushing forward and won a corner in thirty one minutes, the ball was punched out by keeper Farquhar, fell to Glendale’s Dickson whose shot flew into the net through a crowded penalty area , giving the unsighted keeper no chance.

A mistake by Rattrays’ Martin Allan let Glendale’s Dickson through on goal but his hurried drive went past the upright keeping the half time score at 1-0.

Half-time: 1-0

Glendale kept the pressure on Rattrays’ defence from the restart and in forty nine minutes Rattrays’ keeper made a great save at full stretch from a twenty yard drive from Innes. A minute later Glendale’s Livingstone missed the target with a header from six yards with keeper Farquhar nowhere. In the fifty-ninth minute a run by Glendale’s Rose beat two men before crossing to Dickson who side footed the ball into the net.

Rattrays had a chance when a clearance from defence found Gilbert whose shot was pushed for a corner by keeper Matthew.  Rattrays’ Martin Allan was caught in possession by Dickson who made a run for goal but Allan redeemed himself with a tackle on the six yard line.  In sixty-seven minutes keeper Farquhar failed to clear the ball upfield and a shot from Glendale’s Bissett was cleared off the line by Martin Allan.

Glendale put the tie beyond doubt when Innes scored to make the final score 3-0.

Full-time: 3-0

Glendale:  Matthew, Rose, Robertson, Adie, Kilminister, McConnachie, Livingstone, Innes, Will, Bissett, Dickson.  Subs – Garden, Ferrier, Mullen, Kerr, Duncan.

Rattrays XI:  Farquhar, Harvey, Minett, Mathieson, Martin Allan, Pocklington, Nicky Loggie, Clayton, Dunbar, Scott Allan, Yeats. Subs – Graham, Gilbert, Clark, Matthew Loggie, Pereira.