Aberdeenshire AFA

Official website of the Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association

Bon-Accord City 8 – 0 Feughside

Aberdee FC Trophy First Round at Inverdee on Saturday 23rd August

A second half goal blitz put Bon-Accord through to the next round of the AFC Trophy. Feughside held their own in the first half creating chances but could not put the ball into the net. Bon-Accord took advantage of this and went ahead in eighteen minutes through Redford.

Feughside retaliated with a run down the right by Taylor, his cross was met by Walker who put his shot past the post. A minute later a solo run down Bon-Accord’s right by Tiffnay let him put in a perfect cross to Redford whose hurried shot hit the side netting. Bon-Accord beat the Feughside offside trap and Watt made no mistake with a fierce drive from eighteen yards which flew past the advancing Fowlie into the net.

Feughside’s midfield were chasing and winning most of the ball feeding their strikers who could not break through the Bon-Accord defence keeping the score 2-0 at half time.

Half-time: 2-0

Bon-Accord kicked off the second half with a move down the right, crossed in by Watt where Redford was waiting to volley the ball into the net. In fifty-two minutes it was Watt who put Bon-Accord four up when a long ball from Tiffnay went over the Feughside back four and Watt ran on to it giving keeper Fowlie no chance. Two minutes later Tiffnay again sent a long ball through to Redford who calmly slipped the ball under keeper Fowlie giving him his well deserved hat trick.

On the hour Bon-Accord’s Davidson rose high to head the ball past keeper Fowlie. In seventy-four minutes Bon-Accord’s pressure was too much for the tiring Feughside defence and a late tackle from Fitzpatrick brought down Watt and referee Taylor pointed to the spot.  Davidson placed the ball on the spot and sent keeper Fowlie the wrong way scoring his second goal of the day.

Davidson should have scored again when unmarked, three yards out and facing an open goal he mishit his shot, missed the target and put his head in his hands to cover his embarrassment.  Just on the ninety minute mark Bon-Accord’s McLaren hit a drive from eighteen yards that found the bottom corner of the net making the final score 8-0.

Full-time: 8-0

Bon-Accord City:  Hill, Tiffnay, McDonald, Harris, Sutherland, Davidson, Robertson, McLaren, Redford, Watt, Muirhead. Subs – Aurik, Guyan, Stewart, Mair, Falco.

Feughside:  Fowlie, Taylor, Seam, Fitzpatrick, Williams, Warren, McDonald, McGregor, Walker, Mackie, Davidson. Subs – Johnston, Henderson.

Referee: S. Taylor